Summer season may be months away, but it pays to plan way ahead. Most people probably are planning to flock local beaches or pools. Others may go on long-distance road trips with their families and friends to important summer destinations outside of their home states, and some may even go for European holiday tours. Several others will perhaps their flights to exotic summer locations both inside and outside the country. If you are planning your summer vacation, make sure that you do so right away; summer may be coming to a close without you knowing it.
You should ensure that you dress up for the occasion. Beach fashion, for the most part, involves wearing light apparel with lively colors. You want yourself to not just look good, but be as comfortable as possible. Your choice of outfit should reflect what summer is really all about: relaxation and enjoying the summer sun. So, before you pick any of those elegant bikinis and swimsuits, it is important to know first what will be the most comfortable one for you.
As such, below are the essential things that you must be wearing to be as fashionable as you can be on your summer getaway at the beach or European holiday tours. They are categorized separately for men and women.
For men: Simple But Cool
- A pair of flip-flops is the most practical and useful footwear you can ever wear while you are walking on the beach.
- Swimwear would depend on the activity you would be doing while you are at the beach. If you like to play sports by the seaside like beach volleyball or stay active for an hour or two by jogging, make sure that you wear something light so that you can move freely. If, however, you want to be active on the water itself by doing watersports like wakeboarding or surfing, make sure that you wear trendy swimwear like swimming trunks or board shorts.
- Generally, your upper body clothing should be light and comfortable. Go for T-shirts or tank tops that are not too loose, not too tight. Make an effort to match its color with your swimwear.
- As far as accessories are concerned, make sure that you protect yourself from sunburn. Ensure that you bring with you headgear, may it be a cap, or visor, or a simple cloth to serve as your bandanna. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, too, and a pair of cool shades.
For women: Gorgeously Fabulous
- A pair of flops would be comfortable, but for a more summer feel, thong sandals with citrus-y colors would be great footwear. Make sure that it protects your feet from the hot sand. When not on water and roaming about, wedge sandals can be worn.
- There are a lot of options for swimwear for hitting the beach during the day. It could be a two-piece bikini or any other swimsuit that can be worn based on your body type or preference.
- Swimwear cover-ups with beautiful and colorful designs would be suitable if you are planning to go have a bite or a drink with your friends or enjoying nightlife by the beach.
- Of course, don’t forget to accessorize yourself. A tote bag with lots of room for your essentials is one. To protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays, sunglasses with big lenses and a wide-brimmed hat would come in handy. If you don’t fancy hats, a stretchy fabric headband can be worn instead. Sunscreen is likewise a must-have.
It is still good to be riding with the times when it comes to beach fashion, as trends for swimwear constantly fill the magazines and other online content during the summer. However, you shouldn’t compromise comfort when heading to the beach. This summer, your getaway must not just be relaxing, but memorable as well.